Here is the instruction on how to update ICOM A, A2 firmware to the newest version 1.4, with free download “ICOM A2 Firmware V1.4 BootImage Bin”.
Free download ICOM firmware V1.4:
BMW ICOM A2 or other ICOM emulator
For BMW ICOM firmware update reference:
(update file in :D\ICOM_firmware-01_40_00)
- Please connect your ICOM with LAN cable to the computer, charge ICOM via 12V power adapter.
- Use IE explorer to open http://169.254.92.38:60080/, user ID/password: root?NZY11502
- Click “update firmware”. You will get the ICOM hardware version.
- Choose “ICOM-BootImage-01-40-00.bin”, set “image type” into “SYSTEM”, then click “send the file”.
- When it shows “write the image file to the flash?”, click “YES”. Then the light on ICOM will turn red.
- Then it shows “The SYSTEM IMAGE update was successful”, click “update firmware”.
- Choose “ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-40-00.bin”, change “image type” into “APPLICATION”, click “send the file”. (it will take some minutes to finish)
- When it shows “Write the image file to the flash?”, click “YES”, then the light on ICOM mux will turn red again.
- When all runs well, click “Reboot”.